As of February 14, 2022, due to decreasing numbers of Covid-19 cases in our area, Women’s Care will now allow limited guests. At this time, each patient may bring ONE healthy masked guest. In the event that a patient is unable to find childcare, she may bring TWO children – we ask that this be occur only on a true emergency basis. All patients and guests above the age of 2 must be masked during the entire visit in one of our buildings, regardless of vaccination status. Thank you to all our patients and guests for their patience and understanding.
Most patients are well acclimated to our current COVID-19 protocols, which include:
- If you (or your guest) have ANY COVID-19 symptom, are on mandatory quarantine, or are feeling unwell, please do not come to our offices for a routine visit.
- If you are sick and having an emergency, please call the office to determine how we may best evaluate you.
- You (and your guest) MUST wear a mask to enter our office and it must remain on throughout your visit. The mask must cover your nose and mouth at all times.
- Be prepared to have your temperature taken at the door, as well as answer several screening questions. Based on this information, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
- We encourage all of our patients, including pregnant patients, to obtain one of the COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters as soon as they are eligible, and to remain up to date on the flu vaccine.
All the staff at Women’s Care has been trained about our new policies as we strive to provide the safest environment for patient care. Stay healthy! We very much appreciate the understanding and cooperation of our patients!